DIPLOMA IN PSYCHOLOGY
(N/727/4/0102) 03/25 (MQA/FA 13376)
Psychology is the scientific study of behaviour and mental processes: how we think, feels, act and interact interpersonally and in groups. This Diploma in Psychology’s program provides a platform to equip students with solid knowledge of basic psychology and applied psychology. Therefore, graduates from this program are prepared to pursue their study in bachelor degree level as well as in master degree level in any major branches of psychology field.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To produce graduates with strong fundamental understanding of basic theories, research and practical skills in psychology
- To produce graduates with basic leadership, and entrepreneurial skills to perform effectively and responsibly in different organisations.
- To produce graduates with ability to use wider range of digital applications and numeracy skills to support work tasks.
- To produce graduates with interpersonal, communication, creativity and innovation skills.
- To produce graduates that are ready to pursue lifelong learning in education and career in various settings within ethical and professional standards.
Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
Possess SPM with a minimum of THREE (3) credits in any subject and a pass in Mathematics and Biology/ Physics/ Chemistry/ General Science/ Applied Science*; OR
Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
A pass in Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) with a minimum of Grade C (GP 2.00) in any subject and a pass in Mathematics and Biology/ Physics/ Chemistry/ General Science/ Applied Science*; at SPM level; OR
Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM)
A pass in Sijil Tinggi Agama Malaysia (STAM) with a minimum grade of Maqbul and a pass in Mathematics and Biology/ Physics/ Chemistry/ General Science/ Applied Science at SPM level; OR
Level 3, MQF
A Certificate (Level 3, MQF) in the relevant fields with at least CGPA of 2.00 and a pass in Mathematics and Biology/ Physics/ Chemistry/ General Science/ Applied Science at SPM level; OR
SKM Level 3
A pass in SKM Level 3, MQF in the relevant fields; OR
Other relevant equivalent qualifications recognised by Malaysian government as equivalent to the above requirements.
Duration of Studies
Mode of Study
Method of Teaching and Learning
- Lectures and Tutorial
- Practical Class/Laboratory Work
- Industrial Exposure
With advancement in higher levels of education, such as a degree and master’s program, the graduate will have an opportunity to be a psychologist in the following popular and major branches of psychology :
- Clinical psychology
- Clinical neuropsychology
- Counselling psychology
- Educational psychology
- Forensic psychology
- Health psychology
- Industrial and organizational psychology
- Sport psychology
Reference: Programme Standard: Psychology, Second Edition by Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)