DIPLOMA IN PHARMACY
Diploma in Pharmacy at IJN College is tailored to prepare technically competent Pharmacist Assistant/ Pharmacist Technician to fulfill services healthcare needs. This programme is aimed to provide students with professional excellence, fundamental knowledge and understandings of the various areas in pharmacy. This enables students to cultivate critical thinking skills as well as clinical reasoning in their expertise areas. Graduates of Diploma in Pharmacy will be able to practice in a community or hospitals, nursing homes or extended care facility, pharmaceutical industries, biotechnology industry and other private or public companies, government agencies, colleges and other organizations or institutions.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, competent and capable of providing quality patient care through contemporary and forward-looking training programme
- To apply clinical knowledge and skills to advise patients and other healthcare professionals about medicines and their usage
- To produce graduates who are committed to the importance of lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
- To produce graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibility.
- To produce graduates who are equipped with technopreneurial skills and ability to recognize
Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
- Pass in SPM level at least with THREE (3) credits including ONE (1) science subject (Biology/Physics/General Science) and a pass in Bahasa Malaysia, OR
O-Level or equivalent
- Pass in O-Level or equivalent qualification with THREE (3) credits including ONE (1) of Science subjects, OR
- Other equivalent qualifications recognized by Malaysian Government.
DURATION OF STUDIES
3 years (6 Semesters)
MODE OF STUDY
Full time (Coursework)
METHOD OF TEACHING & LEARNING
- Lectures and Tutorial
- Pharmacy Lab
- Hospital Attachment
- Industrial Training
- Government sector local public or private organisations
- Healthcare clinics/consultancies
- Pharmaceutical-related industries
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Pharmacy Quality Assistant
- Assistant Consultant on Healthcare
- Multichannel Marketing Assistant