DIPLOMA IN OCCUPATIONAL SAFETY & HEALTH
(N/862/4/0070) (09/25) (MQA/PA 12901)
Diploma in Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) at IJN College is designed to meet the increasing demands of the OSH industry as the Malaysian government continues to reduce and prevent work-related injuries and illnesses at workplace. Graduates will be equipped with knowledge and practical skills in ensuring the graduates are ready to enter the job market and pursuing studies at a higher level.
This programme aims to produce graduates who are academically qualified and competent as Occupational Safety and Health Practitioners in maintaining a safe and healthy environment in the 21st-century workplace.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To produce professional and knowledgeable graduates capable of discharging duties effectively and ethically in line with the needs of the industries and stakeholders.
- To develop students with effective communication skills and good leadership quality in organization and social community.
- To produce graduates who are capable of managing and handling OSH issues in teams at workplace with scientific knowledge and problem-solving skills.
- To engage in lifelong learning, entrepreneurial and continuous personal professional development and responsive towards community and environment with regards to safety and health.
Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
PASS in Bahasa Malaysia and English and THREE (3) credits (Grade C) in the following subjects:
Mathematics AND ONE (1) science subject (Biology/Physics/Chemistry/General Science); and
Any other TWO (2) subjects (including Bahasa Malaysia and/or English), OR
Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM)
A Pass in STPM with at least Grade C (GP 2.00) in any subject. OR
Sijil Tinggi Agama (STAM)
A pass in STAM with at least Grade Maqbul, OR
Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM) Level
Possess Sijil Kemahiran Malaysia (SKM)/Sijil Vokasional Malaysia (SVM)
Level 3 in the relevant field, OR
A certificate (Level 3, MQF) in the relevant field with at least CGPA of 2.00, OR
Other relevant equivalents qualifications recognized by the Malaysian Government.
Those without a credit in Mathematics and/or Science subjects at the SPM level or equivalent can be admitted but are required to attend special enhancement courses conducted by institution.
Duration of Studies
3 years (6 Semesters)
Mode of Study
Full time (Coursework)
Method of Teaching and Learning
- Lectures and Tutorial
- Industrial Training
Accreditation and Certification
- Malaysia Qualification Agency (MQA)
- Kementerian Pengajian Tinggi (KPT)
• Safety and Health Officer (SHO)
• OSH Coordinator
• EHS Officer
• EHS Executive
• Site Safety Supervisor (SSS)
• Noise Risk Assessor
• Ergonomic Assessor
• Hygiene Technician
• Safety Training Officer
• OSH Auditor