DIPLOMA IN MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES
(N/0913/4/0001) (03/28) (MQA/PA 12882)
The Diploma in Medical and Health Science Program is designed to train competent multi-skilled health professionals to meet the needs of an ever-expanding allied health field. The diploma is a full-time program conducted at the IJN College, Kuala Lumpur Campus. The program combines both formal education and practical experience to help students master the complex body of knowledge and specialized skills necessary for a successful career. The program prepares competent, entry-level Assistant medical Officer in knowledge, skills and behaviour learning domains. This program prepares individuals for career that are in high demand in the healthcare industry.
The objectives of the programme are:
- To produce graduates who are knowledgeable, competent, technically-skilled and competitive in medical and health science at national and international levels.
- To produce graduates who are able to contribute effectively in the community.
- To produce graduates who practice professionalism with ethics and social responsibilities.
- To produce graduates with ICT and entrepreneurial capabilities.
- To produce graduates who are committed to lifelong learning and continuous improvement.
Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM)
Passed SPM or equivalent with at least FIVE (5) Credits including
i. Bahasa Melayu/Bahasa Malaysia,
ii. Any ONE (1) Science Subject;
– Biology/Chemistry/General Science/Physic and Passed in
iii. Mathematics/Additional Mathematics AND
iv. TWO (2) other subjects.
v. Pass in English
Students shall be certified medically fit by a registered medical practitioner recognized by the recruiting institution and free from Mental illness, physical or sensory disabilities, infectious diseases (HIV or AIDS, Hepatitis B and C, etc.), genetic diseases, epilepsy, and drug abuse.
Duration of Studies
3 years (6 semester)
Accreditation and certification
IJN College Medical and Health Science diploma program is accredited by the Malaysia Qualification Agency (MQA) upon the recommendation of the Medical Assistant Board (MAB).
• Government (Hospital/Clinic/Specialist Clinic)
• Private hospitals
• Medical centres
• Community Clinic
• Healthcare Institutions
• Nursing Homecare
• Plantation sectors – Estate Clinics
• Oil and Gas Company
• Insurance Company
• Elderly Care Centre
• Sales Representative – Medical
• Sport science Units/Clinics
• Clinical Instructor
• Bachelor of Medical and Health Science
• Bachelor of Emergency Medicine
• Bachelor of Cardiovascular Thoracic Technology
• Bachelor of Health Science
• Bachelor of Health Education
• Bachelor of Sport Science