Advanced Diploma in Cardiac Nursing Programme (ADCN) is a skill based higher learning programme that implements a one (1) year full time academic calendar with three (3) semesters. Each semester will be conducted within a 17 weeks period. This programme is structured with regards to standard guidelines of Malaysian Nursing Board and provisionally accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA/PA 9097).
The management of critically ill patients is an integral part in healthcare practices hence it prepares students to care patients with cardiac intensive nursing competencies based on theoretical and clinical subspecialty. The program introduces students with: pathophysiology of various cardiac conditions, cardiovascular assessment from a medical and nursing perspective, risk stratification, early and advanced treatment for cardiac diseases, diagnostic techniques, evidence based professional practices, rehabilitation processes, pharmacological management and medical and surgical interventions for the cardiovascular disorders.
This advanced programme allows students to enhance their knowledge in an educational environment, under the supervision of committed trained professionals in specialized clinical placements. Upon completion of the programme students will be equipped with advanced skills and knowledge of safest and highest quality care for cardiac congenital patients. It will enhance their nursing professionalism with leadership qualities, communication skills, teamwork and critical thinking abilities.
- Transform current scientific and technological knowledge and skills required for the applications of quality cardiac nursing care
- Excel in management and leadership abilities by inculcating critical thinking decision making and communication skills with team work based on integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement through self-directed and social learning for personal and professional development.
- Utilize IT effectively and in obtaining evidence based practice information for clients care.
- Advocate positive attitudes based on value and ethics necessary in fulfilling his/her responsibilities towards the clients and society.
For Local Students
- Possess minimum Diploma in Nursing
- Registered with Nursing Board Malaysia (NBM);
- Possess a current Annual Practicing Certificate (APC) for nurses;
- Minimum 2 years clinical working experiences; and
- Possess 3 months experience in the related speciality
For International Students
- Possess Diploma in Nursing (MQF, Level 4) form recognized institution;
- Registered with the Nursing Council of the country origin;
- Possess a current temporary practicing certificate (TPC) from NBM prior clinical placement;
- Minimum of two years clinical working experience in related specialty; or
- Possess three months experience in the related specialty;
- Pass International English Language Test Services (IELTS) with a minimum of 5.5 or Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum of 515/215/80
- Students must be certified medically fit by Registered Medical Practicioner recognized by the recruiting institution
- Students with the following medical conditions of HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B or C, any mental health disorders, epilepsy and other chronic diseases will not be admitted into the programme
- Students must not have any physically or impaired senses that hinders nursing dexterity.
Duration of Studies
1 year (3 Semester)
- Lectures and tutorials
- Clinical Placement
- Registration Fee – RM 1,000
- Tuition Fee – RM 25,000
- Registration Fee – 800 USD
- Tuition Fee – 9000 USD
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Pharmacology and Biochemistry
- Pain Management, Communication and Counselling
- Haemodynamic Monitoring & Electrocardiography
- TITAS or Bahasa Melayu Komunikasi
- Clinical Practice 1
- Cardiovascular Health & Rehabilitation, Safety and Infection Control
- Cardiac Diagnostic (Invasive, Non-Invasive & Imaging)
- Cardiology and Cardiac Disorders -ACLS
- Assessing & management of clients with Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Clinical Practice 2
- Research Method for Evidence Based Nursing
- Cardiothoracic and other Cardiac condition Nursing Management
- Perbankan Takaful dan Kewangan Islam
- Hubungan Etnik or Malaysia study
- Clinical Practice 3
- CICU- Cardiothoracic
- High Dependency Area (HDU) Paediatric Ward
- CCU- Cardiology
- High Dependency Unit (HDU) Cardiology
- Counselling Unit
- Observation and Emergency (O&E) Department
- Cardiac Wards
- Rehabilitation Unit
- Infection Control Unit
- Invasive Cath Lab (ICL)
- Non-Invasive Cardiac Lab (NCL)
- Cardiothoracic Intensive Care Unit (CICU)
- Operation Theater (OT)