BODY MECHANIC & ERGONOMIC WORKSHOP
Body mechanics and ergonomic is a term used to describe the ways we move as we go about our daily lives. It includes how we hold our bodies when we sit, stand, lift, carry, bend, and sleep. Poor body mechanics and ergonomic often cause medical illness especially of back problems. When we don’t move or lift correctly and safely, the spine is subjected to abnormal stresses that cause injury. Poor ergonomic over time can lead to degeneration of spinal structures like discs and joints, injury, and unnecessary wear and tear. This will lead to medical intervention and affect individual and organizational performance.
- 21 Feb 2019 (Done)
- 18 April 2019 (Done)
- 18 July 2019
- 26 September 2019
To provide participants with:
- Knowledge of Basic Anatomy and Physiology of relevant body parts in relation with lighting and ergonomic.
- Proper Lifting Techniques, Common Injuries, Treatment and Prevention from injury due to improper lifting techniques.
- Definition of ergonomic, Common Injuries and Common Causes of injuries, Treatment & prevention from injury due to improper practice of ergonomic.
Who Should Attend?
Clinical staff and Non-clinical staff.
- Pre and post assessment to asses level of understanding of participants before and after the training.
- Lecture on Basic Anatomy and Physiology of Spine, Ligaments, Tendonds, Muscles, Bon Nerve &Joints.
- Lectures on proper lifting techniques, common injuries, treatment and prevention from injuries.
- Lectures on ergonomic, common injuries and causes of injuries, treatment and prevention from injuries.
- Practical sessions on proper body mechanic and ergonomic to enhance participants’ understanding.
Certificate of Attendance
N. VIKINESPARI R. NADARAJAH EDUCATOR IJN COLLEGE
She has vast experience in nursing profession and academic background since her inception in the organization from 1992. Her highest achievement is obtaining Masters in Education and has a high subspecialty as a Programme Leader for Critical Care Nursing. She works in partnership with the respective department in academic training coordination for allied healthcare professionals in IJN. Currently she is the Programme Coordinator for 6 months In-house Cardiac Nursing Programme for Critical Care & Ward Nurses for IJN.
MOHD HAFIZI RAHIM PHYSIOTHERAPIST, IJN
He graduated from Mahsa University College (MAHSA) in 2009 with Diploma in Physiotherapy. After that, He obtained Bachelor in Physiotherapy in 2015 from Teeside University, UK.
His has vast experienced in Rehabilitation for almost 7 years. He also being a speaker and facilitator for Ergonomic & Back Care course in collaboration with IJN College since 2014.
08:00 – 08:30
Registration & Body Workout (Physio)
08:30 – 09:00
09:00 – 10:00
Basic Anatomy & Physiology
10:00 – 10:30
10:30 – 11:30
Lifting – Common Injury, Treatment & Prevention
11:30 – 12:30
Practical 1 – Lifting Tecniques
12.30 – 13:00
Puzzle & Quiz
13.00 – 14:00
14.00 – 15:00
15.00 – 16.00
Practical 2 – Egronomics & Post Test
CLOSING, EVALUATION, PRE TEST RESULTS & TEA